Wednesday 9 December 2009

Bigging up le Medway Posse!

So I am now back from my Medway adventure, and what a roller-coaster of manicness it was. I went back to a la Medway on Thursday to visit all the guys and gals from uni, whom I've missed so much, and also for the annual event of the Dickens Festival in Rochester. This is a surreal festival where people dress as Dickens characters and parade up and down the historical Rochester high street where Charles Dickens grew up and based some of his works there. I've seen the festival for the last three years as I used to work in Rochester and I really wanted to go back again this year. So I did. But me being a lame ass I never took any pictures of my time in ala Medway at all expect a handful of semi drunk lovecats dancing. But if you wanna see what Dickens Festival is like click here.


I've missed Medway a lot since moving back to Brum. I never thought I would but I really do. Birmingham just doesn't feel like home anymore, and although many of my friends no longer live in Medway it still has this sentimental value of home to it. 
I did get to see and catch up with some amazingly magical people during my short visit, all of whom I've missed dearly. I do feel so refreshed now, even though I am majorly sleepy still, Clare no like travelling. 


And I did my favourite ever thing that I love to do in ala Medway.
SHOPPING!
Not just shopping, oh no. Chazza shop shopping. Medway is full of charity shops and I dare say I do think I spent more time in the charity shops than I did studying or being drunk. 
I hit all the usual haunts of charity shops and antic stores and brought some awesomely amazing things. Many of which I canny tell you about as they are special presents for ala special people. But I did get a few jizz jazzes for me.
Here's the little beasties.



Black and white floral cardigan £4.30 British Heart Foundation

The Rocky Horror Picture Show LP 50p The National Childrens Trust 

Blue plastic Hawaiian bead necklace 50p, gold Asian necklace £1.50 both Sue Ryder Care


Face brooch 99p Oxfam, Beaded bracelet 50p; Black stone ring £1.25 both Sue Ryder Care, and Marzipan bar £2.25 Rochester Sweet Bar.


The Marzipan wasn't a charity shop/ antic find but it was still an awesomeness of love and sugar find.


I do have a paisley floral print purple skirt I brought from Scope for £1.50 but mommy has whacked it in le wash. 


So yehh Clarebear really enjoyed her mini break and is now back in Bum town for le upcoming not wanting but gotta have 23rd birthday and xmas holidays.
But I'll leave you with my friend Mr Hill, Harry.