Thursday 12 November 2009

My Golden Mane

Hello and welcome to my new ginger hair.



I had grown so tired of my washed out black locks and decided finally it had to go!
I've been red before, but not orange.
I feel all ethereal with my golden mane, and quite Autumny. Although we are now heading into winter.
When I come to think of it, I am quite a fan of the red headed folk. 
I have grown up being fond of cartoon characters such as The Little Mermaid's Ariel, Jessica Rabbit and Ginger from As Told By Ginger. 
Lets not forget growing up with Cilla Black, what a character! 
But my all time fave red head would have to be David Bowie as his alta ego's Aladdin Zane and Ziggy Stardust!


Here's a few of cool and impressionable golden maned kats I like.




1 Cyndi Lauper
My love and icon Cyndi! God has she made such an impression on me growing up. I always wanted to be just like her when I was younger. I adore her style and her singing voice.



2 Lily Cole
Now I am definitely not the biggest fan of models, they kinda all look the same and don't really have anything surpazz about them to wow me to like them. But Lily looks like an alien and I love it! She's ginger and intelligent and is starring in the fantasy surreal film The Imaginarium Of Doctor Parnassus by Terry Gilliam who also made The Adventures of Baron Munchausen which I adored as a child. And she's going to play Alice in a film written and directed by Marilyn Manson about Lewis Carroll. This kitten is definitely awesome in my books.






3 Katharine Isabelle aka Ginger from Ginger Snaps
I love the film Ginger Snaps and Katharine Isabelle's portrayal of Ginger really captured me. I liked her dark kooky personality, and how she was thought of as the weird chick who got hot, but was still weird.




4 Kate Nash
Is Kate Nash ginger? I don't know for sure, but she definitely has the ginger twinge. People often say I look like le ole Nash face, and I've never really got it. I used to get annoyed by the comparison but it doesn't really bother me these days.





5 Hayley Williams; Paramore.
The little ginger rocker has really come into her own over the coming years. I kind of swing between not minding her to loving her. She kinda reminds me of a modern day more grungey Cyndi.




6 Florence Welch; Florence and the machine
I wasn't so keen on Florence when she first came around. Though as time has gone by she has started to grow on me. Her face still annoys me a little, but her style and music has grown on me like a rash.




7 Geri Halliwell aka Ginger Spice
My favourite Spice Girl, Geri was sexy and sassy, feisty and flirty, and I was always the one who demanded to be her in the school playground with my friends when we pretended to be the famous five. Even not long back in uni me and the gals was gonna dress up as The Spice Girls and she was still the one I wanted to dress as, union jack dress go go boots and all. Ahhh she was fab wasn't she! Though I much prefer her curvy than stick thin.