Friday 13 November 2009

Creative Juices.

It has been a while since I last used my sewing machine, I have been a little drained recently but today I felt a serge of creative energy and took to my machine again and made a dress inspired by Goldie Locks. Its not finished yet but the main body of the dress is done. I'll upload pictures when I'm finally happy with it.


I started my day looking upon facebook where I spotted that a friend from university, Charlene O'Rourke, also had a blog. I was really impressed by her style diary which she kept and her fashion imagery she has been researching which corresponded with her style diary. I definitely recommend checking her blog out. 
Her sources from her latest blog were from internet magazines, such as Cheek and Soko. Both were interesting and had great shoots in them. 
They lead me to the website Issuu - You Publish, which hosts thousands of magazines to view online in many different subject categories. One shoot in particular stood out to me and that was in the Dutch publication Blend magazine. 

It was this cover image taken from the Nude Attitude shoot that really excited me.
Here are a few of the rest from this collection.



Its quite simple yet very effective. My favourite is the one with the green wig, I guess inspired by The Joker from The Dark Knight. 
I have seen the use of tights worn over the face with loud bold make up before in John Galliano's menswear spring 2007 collection.

[image from vogue.com]
Watch the show below.

I was intrigued in what other works the photographer from the Blend magazine did, so checked out his site. His name is Tomas Näsström and I was extremely impressed with his photography skills. 














Upon the site where I found Tomas Näsström it showcases other photographers, stylists, set designers and illustrators. I haven't managed to look through at many of the other artists, but the ones I did I quite liked. So you can imagine all of this awesome creativeness I was discovering that I would have a sudden burst of my own creative juices. And I really hope it lasts. Fingers crossed no more being ill!