Tuesday 9 March 2010

You set me on fire LADYHAWKE!

Meow! Firstly; LADYHAWKE! LADYHAWKE! LADYHAWKE! La Clare likes Miss Ladyhawke, she has this 80s element to her which I love! My fave song of hers is definitely 'Back of the Van'. Here is an illustration I did of her in la back of a van, that is being engulfed in flames, somewhere far far off in la galaxy with a magical white horse which will take her back to Paris.
People often likened me to looking similar to her album artwork, below:

Well today should have been an uberly long stressful day at work, but fortunately I finished surprisingly early wwoooooooooooooopppp! And how did I celebrate my sudden freedom you ask? Well after skipping in la sunshine and humming along to lyricless songs, I went on a good splashing of 'CHAZZA SHOPPING' (meaning visiting la local charity shops on la hunt for magical finds). And OHHH! MY! I found some fantastical marvels today! Included two awesomely awesome winter coats, a vintage knit cardi with beautifully delicate metal fancy clasps, the tinyiest and cutest of porcelin tea cups, an amazingly tacky picture in frame, a wooden elf man with a huuuuuuggge nose whom I shall hang in my room, a wooden mederterain belly dancing woman figure whom shall marry la wooden elf man and they shall have wooden babies together! and AND I got a vintage limited celebration edition boxset of Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through The Looking Glass at an jaw droppingly cheap price! Oh I'm still ever so excited over my finds :D