Tuesday 19 January 2010

"Take my doll put on her pretty clothes, no I won't soil her dress, brush her hair paint her lips like a rose, cover up her mess"

My pretty little kitten girls 


Welcome to the doll house. Young, naive and innocent, this is a fresh summer collection inspired by dolls. This collection possesses a childlike ambience with its silky, delicate fabrics in an array of soft, faded, powdery tones.
This project is from my first year of university and was about designing clothes for a high street store, in which I selected H&M. It is strange looking back upon my old work. I got a good grade for this project, even though now I look over the work I can see so many mistakes, and there are many things I would change to improve my work. Although I do adore the illustrations. This was before I had photoshop on my laptop, and I canny remember which program I used, but they turned out pretty dapper.

And all these beauties have names, from the very top there's Tilly, then there's (small images) Molly, Maggie, Daisy, Poppy, Polly, Betty, Lily, Holly and finally (large image above) Rosie. 
Below is the mood board for this project. It's not the best I must admit, but it does its job.