Wednesday 26 August 2009

Dorian oh Dorian

I was so excited the other day when I spotted a bill board advertising the new film Dorian Gray, and rushed home to youtube it immediately. And here's the trailer. I had no idea they were making a film based upon the novel The Picture Of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde. 

It looks like it could potentially be a really good film, I'll be interested to see how they've tackled it. Its appears to be filmed in a gothic tone, which I like the look of, and there should be some really nice shots as well like one I spotted around the start of the trailer with the smokey skyline. I noticed that the director Oliver Parker hasn't done many films so it'll be intriguing to see how well he does. 
I'm not too sure what I make of the choice of the leading actor Ben Barnes yet. I haven't seen his performance in Narnia as King Caspian so canny comment upon his acting skills. I'm actually quite surprised that Johnny Depp didn't try and bag the role himself as it seems a very him kinda film, though I guess he's a little old for the part as the character Dorian was around ohhh late teens early 20s.
 I must say I did quite like the Stuart Townsend's portrayal in The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen but then he is quite yummy. He was awesome in Queen of The Damned as well. Ok I shall stop drooling now.
Anyho I look forward to the ninth of the ninth 2009 to see Dorian le Gray.