Wednesday 14 April 2010

Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot. 
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd.
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is one of my all time favourite films ever. It's such a beautifully sad film. It evokes every emotion from love to hate, laughter to pity. I always always cry whilst watching it. As it always reminds me of my own life and relationship. 
Here's the trailer:

I wish I could erase my memory. Sometimes certain memories are too unbearable and I just wish they would disappear. It would make life so much easier if you could. You could move on without all those painful memories stinging you every time you hear a particular song, or smell their scent, or every time you eyes you're haunted by their face. To just forget it all, right now I'll do anything to erase that stabbing sensation. Even though in the film it didn't work, as after both Joel and Clementine erased each other from their memories they still managed to find each other as fate drawn them back together. Hopefully the sun will help melt away my tear stained eyes.

I love Kate Winslet's character 'Clementine', I can really relate to her and kinda see myself in her. She's openly kooky and proud to be individual, she wears her heart on her sleeve, is self proclaimed as being high maintenance, is super paranoid and impulsive, she escapes her vulnerability and loneliness by creating an erratic personna to hide behind, and completely lives in her own little world. Sounds familar? lol 
There's sooo many awesome lines Clementine comes out with but there's one where I actually shouted out "OMG that's me!" upon hearing. Here's the quote:
"Too many guys think I'm a concept, or I complete them, or I'm gonna make them alive. But I'm just a fucked-up girl who's lookin' for my own peace of mind; don't assign me yours."
This is so me; I am a fucked up little girl and I'm just trying to find out who I am and really all I want from life is to be happy. I have dated guys before who thought that I was something super special and that I could save them from their self destructiveness. And of course I couldn't save them, because obviously I'm not some special saviour. I can't even save myself. If anything I'm la one who needs saving!

My head hurts and my heart is heavy, and bank people are super smelly. I think I need hummus and poppy seed bread in my belly.

I spotted these images on Curiouser and Curiouser's blog that came from I♥FAKE magazine and they remind me of Clementine with her green hair when she first met Joel.
I found this picture on Yes, Nefarious blog, which I thought was a super Clementine picture, that turquoise hair is immense;